Sunday, 10 July 2016

Today was the final performance for Lin-Manuel Miranda, Phillipa Soo,  Leslie Odom Jr and Ariana DeBose in Hamilton, which is my favourite ever musical even though I haven't seen it yet*. 

Rory O'Malley's face in the background (second from left) is basically me watching their final curtain call, knowing: (a) I will never get to see all the original cast; and (b) listening to the band strike up The West Wing theme in Lin's honour (because he's a huge wingnut, like me).





* I say 'yet' because in just over a month I'll be in NYC and I have my ticket to see it! Even though the three leads have departed, I'm super excited to see Rory again (I saw him in Book of Mormon in 2011), as well as Daveed Diggs**, who I have long been a fan of ("it's clipping., bitch.").

** Update, 15 July. Daveed Diggs abruptly left the show this week, so I won't be seeing him either. BOOO. But oh well. I'm lucky enough to be seeing the show - WHAT MORE CAN I ASK FOR?!

No comments:

Post a Comment